On Thursday, March 4, construction workers placed the last steel beam on top of the $ 92.9 million, 127,000 square foot expansion of WMCHealth’s HealthAlliance Hospital: Mary’s Avenue Campus during ‘a “coronation” ceremony.
The beam was adorned with the signatures of HealthAlliance staff, volunteers, donors and other community members.
Construction is expected to be completed in spring 2022.
The extension includes:
- A new two-story, 79,000 square foot building adjoining the current facility, as well as the 48,000 square foot renovation of space within the existing hospital.
- Newly constructed 25,000 square foot emergency care center
- A newly built intensive care unit
- A new cardiovascular laboratory capable of interventional procedures.
- A newly constructed family maternity center with state-of-the-art labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum rooms.
- A new imaging department
- New laboratory and pharmacy
HealthAlliance currently has two hospital campuses in Kingston, on Mary’s Avenue and Broadway. The redevelopment of the Mary’s Avenue campus is the first two-part project; the second is to consolidate all hospital services on the Mary’s Avenue campus and convert the Broadway campus into a “walking health village,” which will include “preventive and primary health care services, as well as counseling. on a healthy lifestyle, in one convenient place ”.
The combined construction at HealthAlliance’s two campuses is expected to cost $ 134.9 million, including $ 88.8 million from the New York State Capital Restructuring Funding Program. The balance will come from WMCHealth, HealthAlliance and a capital fundraising campaign.